Friday 13 May 2011

Back from NYC!

Hey Everyone,

So I just got back from NYC! Let me just say, wow I am full! I ate so much delicious vegan food. From dinner at Blossom to the most amazing vegan ice cream at Lula’s Sweet Apothecary, I could not get enough. So here is my list of the top five vegan eats/treats in NYC:

1.   Lula’s Sweet Apothecary at 516 E 6th St.  I have never been an ice cream fan, not even when I was a kid, but I figured I was in the area and I would give it a shot. Let me just say...heaven! The best vegan, and well I would say non vegan ice cream, ever! After that first lick I wanted to go there everyday (sadly I only made it there twice). Currently they only have the one store but supply to a number of independent grocery stores as well as eco friendly shops in NYC. But it is now my new mission to get their good stuff here in Toronto! haha (I will keep you all posted).
2.   Blossom at 187 Ninth Avenue. This is by far my favorite vegan restaurant in NYC. I make sure I always go there when I am in the city. I had the Hickory Basted Tempeh over Horseradish Crème Fraiche, sounds amazing right?! Honestly you can’t go wrong with anything on the menu; everything is perfect! They also have a Lavender Creme Brulee that will blow your mind. The service is always great and the atmosphere is cozy and relaxing. No matter what lifestyle you follow, Blossom will be one of the best meals you will have in NYC.

3.   Cafe Blossom at 466 Columbus Avenue. They are the same owners as Blossom, so of course they have amazing food as well. The atmosphere is a bit more casual at the cafe and they are open for lunch and dinner. The place where I was staying was close to the cafe so I went almost every day for a morning smoothie. On the weekend I had a yummy brunch, the scrambled tofu was the best I have ever had (well other then mine that is).  There is a patio at the front so it is the perfect place to enjoy lunch and people watching.

4.   One Lucky Duck 466 Columbus Avenue. This is a great on the run place. Everything is raw and pre-made to grab on the go. They also make a ton of fresh juices and shakes to give you energy to walk the streets of NYC all day long.

5.   Cocoa V 174 Ninth Ave. Is a Chocolate boutique and wine cafe. They are also associated with Blossom, so again of course they are fantastic. I always go in at least once when I’m in NYC and grab an assortment of chocolates and truffles to bring home with me. They just melt in your mouth, and they have such a great variety of flavors. I really wanted to do the wine and nut cheese plate (and chocolate tasting) as well but I ran out of time. So it is on my list of things to do next time I am in the city.

If you ever travel to NYC make sure you hit up at least one of these places! YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...