Thursday 14 April 2011

Delicious Vegan Recipe: Jalapeno Poppers!

The weekend is just around the corner!

What do I want after a week eating right and going to the gym? I want to eat something delicious and fried! I was trying to decided what it should be...something savory and maybe cheesy. Perhaps even something that can be enjoyed with friends and a refreshing local beer (speaking of which, I love Beau’s beer, it's a local all natural organic brewing company).


Then it came to me! One of my all time favorite pub foods: jalapeno poppers! I came across a recipe that is a great variation of the tradition popper. Using panko bread crumbs and a mix of vegan cheddar cheese and cream cheese for the filling. In the past I have made them with regular bread crumbs; they are great too. But the panko adds an extra crunch, which really makes the poppers pop. ; )

The recipe is from Kathy Patalsky Blog, Healthy Happy Life (click for the recipe). Its an amazing blog, with so many great creative ideas!

Well I hope you all enjoy the recipe as much as I did. Make sure to treat yourself this weekend


  

1 comment:

  1. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Get in touch with us via our websites.

    Order Andhra Style Food Online at Bangalore | Andhra Style Restaurants in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...